Wednesday, July 7, 2010

more Tokyo

I met up with Ryan and Kipp again. We tried sushi (best sushi I've had so far-- tastes really fresh, even though Ryan said it wasn't very good for sushi in Japan), sake (tastes marginally better than whiskey-- not for me), and a Japanese public bath (excellent. warm, hot and cold pools with jets and tasteful decorations, as well as an electric part with 2 charged plates underwater about 3' apart to give a constant, mild massaging shock if you sit between them). We plan to see the fish market and possibly the electronics shopping area tomorrow. It's rainy and pleasantly cool.

4 comments:

  1. I'm surprised that Tokyo in the summer in 'pleasantly cool', but much better than uncomfortably hot. Sounds like you're having a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pleasantly cool compared to Hanoi and Bangkok; it's actually still sort of hot and humid-- even the local salarymen sometimes sweat. I am having a good trip, and am thinking about what to do for subsequent trips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In 1960 my favorite treat in Tokyo was a frozen pineapple slice. Give that a try if it is still available and let me know how you liked it.

    ReplyDelete